I used to end all of my posts with something random – a fact about me, something I enjoy, just a thought, or a picture. I recently started following Running With Spoons, and her Thinking Out Loud Thursdays – a “weekly celebration of quirks and randomness” has inspired me to get my ramble on 🙂
So here are 5 Random Rambles:
1. I stare at people all day. My office is next to a casting agency and there is a steady stream of actors/models walking by. I try to guess what kind of commercial/show they’re casting based on what type of person walks by. One day it’ll be tall gorgeous 30 year old women, the next 65 year old bearded men, the next twin 5-10 year olds. It’s pretty entertaining.
2. We’re having Mexican food for lunch and I’m pumped. Two of the three company partners work out of this office and they have completely different tastes. When He is out of the office we have Real Food Daily, a vegan restaurant that is beyond delicious, and when She is out of the office we have Tacos Por Favor, this fantastic Mexican place. It’s win/win for me really.
3. My car is making this rattling noise. It has been an on again and off again noise for the last couple of months, and every time I take it to the shop my guy tells me it didn’t happen for him and he doesn’t know what the problem is…Me making the noise for him just makes him laugh, doesn’t help him narrow the problem down… It’s rattling all the time now so I think I’ll take it back on Saturday. If he doesn’t hear it this time again I think it proves I’ve lost my mind. Or that I need a new mechanic. NOPE, never to the latter – that guy is awesome. Must be a Melissa problem.
4. Does anyone have thrilling adventures planned for this holiday weekend? My planned adventures are pretty tame – pools, beaches, dogs parks, sauvignon blanc. Oh and Roga at 8am on Saturday. Did it last week for the first time and had a great time. Did a 4.7 mile run on the bike path at the beach and then an hour of free yoga at the far end of the Santa Monica pier – LOVELY way to start the day! ROGA
5. Speaking of Memorial Day, how is it this late in May already? Or even just in 2014?? I feel like this year is FLYING by and I’m not 100% ok with it. I’m 31 – if years just keep going by faster and faster, by the time I’m 95 it’ll just be a blink and we’ll be ringing in another new year… Do years slow down if you have children? I’m on the fence on having any, maybe this will make me reconsider.
And here are a few fun/interesting facts:
– Every year over one million earthquakes shake the Earth. I live in Southern California and don’t mind an occasional rumble, but I do have, tucked way way back, a small concern about “The Big One” coming. You know, the one people say will break off CA? 😉
– Astronauts cannot belch – there is no gravity to separate liquid from gas in their stomachs. Wow…
– The mortality rate if bitten by a Black Mamba snake is over 95%. No wonder The Bride in Kill Bill was such a badass, you’d have to be with that nickname.