3rd installment of Thinking Out Loud, the brainchild of the blog Running With Spoons. If you haven’t read Amanda’s blog, you should – it’s one of my favorites, her journey is inspiring and she’s funny. That’s really all it takes to make me happy. Inspire me and make me laugh 😉 But she also has great recipes and good advice, those things also make me happy!
Onto the random:
1) Something I find annoying about doctor’s offices: If you don’t cancel 24hrs before your appointment they’ll charge you a fee ($50 is what I’ve been told by a couple). BUT if they say “I’ll call you with your results on Monday” and you NEVER HEAR FROM THEM AGAIN, it’s cool. Also cool, “I’ll call you tomorrow or Monday to schedule your surgery” and then, when you haven’t heard anything by Tuesday and so you reach out to inquire and they say, “Oh sorry about that, let me check and I’ll call you later today” and then you still haven’t heard back from them by Thursday at, let’s say,RIGHT NOW, it’s still ok. I feel like they should discount my surgery $50. Because that amount will make a dent…
2) I’m heading downtown for dinner on Saturday and I’m excited. I know I don’t live THAT FAR but, with so many options available here, living in Los Angeles can get you stuck in your own neighborhood. I work in Santa Monica so I’ll usually just go out from the office and I live in Brentwood so I don’t often make it out of the Westside unless there’s a specific event. Sad, huh? This “specific event” is that a friend from North Carolina just moved to town so my roommate and I are going to meet him for dinner at Industriel and then may wander to Seven Grand Whiskey Bar because I love that place AND he lives right across the street.
3) Where do you want to travel to next? I am itching for a road trip. I have wanderlust like a gypsy, it’s bonkers. I am heading to Vegas, Oxnard, Iowa, Vegas again, and Ft Lauderdale in the next few months but I want to go somewhere NEWWWWW. I want to go hike some crazy gorgeous canyon in AZ or head up and camp out in a forest in the Pacific Northwest. I really would love to travel abroad but I don’t have the funds for it right now so I’m just looking at easy-to-get-to places right now.
And here are some random facts. Today’s will be food facts:
1) Ripe cranberries will bounce like rubber balls. Oh I am definitely going to try this.
2) Oklahoma’s state vegetable is the watermelon. I feel like we just got served two facts there…Watermelon is a vegetable? http://www.watermelon.org/Fruit-or-Vegetable.aspx Huh, seems it’s both a fruit AND a vegetable!
3) There is an amusement park in Tokyo that offers raw horse flesh-flavored ice cream. Oh my. That is disgusting! But I also want to talk to someone who has eaten it…. “WHY would you order that? WTF does it taste like????? Did horses haunt your dreams the weeks following?”