Happy Thursday! Do you know what time it is?! It’s Thinking Out Loud time!
1. What happened to summer? It’s nearly September, I have burnt orange nail polish on, people are talking about fantasy football leagues and tailgating… I kind of want it to be the 4th of July not Labor Day this weekend…Anyone else? I know we have nearly another month of summer TECHNICALLY but June, July, and August have flown by way to fast for my liking. I also feel like I say that a lot. Maybe I need to be making more of my days so they don’t just swoosh by in a flash!
2. Hehe, this is going to be a throwback Random Thought because I just stumbled upon this picture again:
…One early morning when I was living in North Carolina I went to take my dog out for a walk and that chair was just chilling in my backyard. Uh huh. It’s facing toward our kitchen window and back door… How creepy is that? We moved about a month later…it was a cool neighborhood very close to the downtown and Cape Fear River but there were some weirdos skulking about. No thank you.
3. Going back to that Burnt Orange nail polish — I won the best give-away from Rabbit Food For My Bunny Teeth. It was Catherine’s 25th birthday so she was giving away super cute kitchen and bath items, Butter London make up and nail polish, and one of her racer back tanks! I happened to win and it was such awesome timing because I got it a few days before MY bday. Wahoo!
4. Have you guys ever done a race dressed up? I always mean to…my friends and I have grand ideas and then we do nothing because we wait too long, ha. The only time we really had our shit together was for the Bad Prom Run and it got cancelled a few weeks before the race…wah wahhh. Anyway, I’m looking at LA’s Rock and Roll Halloween Half Marathon and debating on wearing a little costume. I don’t mean a small costume (I’ve never been that kind of Halloween-er) – I mean like running tights with a festive shirt or head-wear. So a little bit of a costume, I suppose.
Ok, onto random food facts!
1. Almonds are a member of the peach family. Wahhhh?
2. They have square watermelons in Japan. They stack better. Don’t look so shocked people, this is why it’s best to buy from local farmers! Factory/commercial farms produce for shipping, not for flavor or nutrient value.
3. Broccoli is the food with the best anti-cancer properties. Ooo, I knew I liked broccoli!
4. Someone living in New York could eat out every night of their life and never eat at the same restaurant. That sounds like my idea of paradise.