It’s time for another edition of Thinking Out Loud 🙂
– I am so thirsty today… I think I’m already on my 8th glass of water and it’s only just after noon in my neck of the woods.
– I’m heading to Vegas tomorrow for a fun filled weekend with my sis, cousin, and some of my best friends! Wahoo, we’re about to get weird. Vegas Weird. We’re going to dance a lot, laugh even more, nap at the pool, drink the perfect amount of alcohol (not one drop into Sloppy-Ville), and not lose any money. I will definitely kick butt at that last one as I don’t gamble in Vegas. I used to when I went in my early 20’s but I ALWAYS lost money and I have learned my lesson! Ok…I do still put a $20 in the slot machines because it’s a ritual but that’s it. Once it’s gone, I’m gone!
– Also, we’re seeing Britney on Saturday night at Planet Hollywood.
I didn’t really like Britney Spears when she first came out – she’s 8 months older than me and I was more into electronic and rock than pop in high school. BUT then I started going to dance clubs when I was a little older and I became a big fan. My sis, best friend Nicole, and I would go out dancing at University of Iowa when I was home from Indiana and we thought we danced like her. We did not…Well Nicole and I didn’t anyway – my sis can dance and she would say things like: It’s drop it like it’s hot, not drop it like it’s White Girl. Hahahaha, so good. But it’s fun, I don’t care what I look like!
– On Monday I started my 100 miles in 30 days challenge. The guidelines I’ve set for myself are that I can walk or run these miles, and I can include 1 day a week of biking but I have to divide that mileage by 3. (as suggested by the Tone It Up girls!) So far this week I have ridden 19 miles, and ran 8 miles so I’m at 14/100 — just need to add another 5 miles and I’m on track for my first week! Easy Peasy. I’m breaking it down like this:
Week 1 – 19m
Week 2 – 21m
Week 3 – 23m
Week 4 – 25m
Last two days – 12m
– After these 30 days I’m going to join a local running group. I have talking about joining one for so long and I’m FINALLY going to. I always have some hang up, “I can’t do long distances,” “I’m not fast enough,” “I don’t like how I look in running tights.” Blah blah BLAH. Well – I can run 8 miles just fine now, I have increased my speed a bit, and I look better in running tights than I have in a few years so I need to suck it up and sign up. I’m trying to meet new people in LA – everyone I know I have either moved here with, know from Iowa, or met at a bar. And I’m trying not to be as much of a bar fly these days. But obviously sitting at home, or going on solitary hikes and runs, or going zombie-like to a 6am spin class is not going to help so I need to put myself out there!
Ok, onto random food facts:
1. One of the most hydrating foods to eat is the cucumber, which is 96% water. Mmm, I should eat some now…
2. The popsicle was invented by an 11 year old girl in 1905. Child labor, I tell ya.. 😉
3. The twists in pretzels are meant to look like arms crossed in prayer………..
4. Fruit flavored snacks are made with the same wax used on cars. Hmm, I’ll stick to fruit flavored fruit, thanks.
5. Ketchup was used as medicine in the 1800s to treat diarrhea, among other things. Ha…good to know I suppose.